A chainsaw is the most sought after when the subject of interest is tree felling, bucking, pruning, cutting firebreaks in wild-land fire suppression, and harvesting of firewood among others. Because of their varied applications, the demand for them is always high. Following this, the number of chainsaws in the market is insane. Buying the right one is therefore not an easy task. If you are in search for the best arborist chainsaw then you are the right place. In this article we will talk about the best arborist chainsaws in 2021. The article will give you a clear picture of which one to invest in depending on your requirement. Keep reading.
|Parameter||Makita XCU02Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 12" Chain Saw, Tool Only||Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2cc 12-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw with Pure Fire Engine||Hitachi CS33EDTP 2-Stroke Gas Powered Top Handle Chain Saw with PureFire Engine, 14-Inch||TIMBERPRO 26cc 10" Petrol Top Handle Topping Chainsaw with 2 Chain Saw Chains & Carry Bag|
|Manufacturer||Makita||Tanaka Power Equipment||Hitachi - Outdoor Power||TIMBERPRO|
|Dimensions||12 x 10 x 11 inches||11.2 x 15.4 x 11.8 inches||11.2 x 15.4 x 11.8 inches||11.8 x 9.05 x 9.44 inches|
|Weight||8.8 pounds||11.9 pounds||12.4 Pounds||6.39 Pounds|
|Engine or motor power||36V Motor power||1.6 HP engine||1.6 HP engine||1.22 HP engine|
|Cylinder / motor description||Two batteries of 18 volts result in a owerful motor of 36 volts.||32.2cc is the engine cylinder capacity||This is powered by 32.2cc low emission two-stroke engine||This has a 26cc Powerful 2 Stroke Engine|
|Length of the blade||12 inches||12 inches||14 inches||10 inches|
|Handle type||Top handle||Top handle||Top handle||Top handle|
|Handle description||This comes with a rubberized soft grip top handle||The handle has cushy Elastomer grip that adds to the comfort.||The handle is ergonomically designed.||Ergonomic and light weight design|
|Power source||Battery||Gas powered||Gas powered||Gas powered|
|Battery type||Lithium ion||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Battery level indicator||Yes||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Chain pitch||3/8 inch||3/8 inch||3/8 inch||3/8 inch|
|Automatic chain lubrication||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Chain tensioning feature||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Usage||Professional use||Hobby, pruning and shaping||Hobby, pruning and shaping||Hobby, pruning and shaping|
|Manufacturer's official website||https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XCU02Z||https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/XCU02Z||https://www.metabo-hpt.com/||http://timberpro.com/|
|Consumer Warranty||1 year limited||7 years||7 years||2 year general warranty|
|Commercial warranty||2 year limited||2 years||2 years||3 year general warranty|
|Rental Warranty||3 year limited||1 year||1 year||4 year general warranty|
Makita XCU02Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 12″ Chain Saw
- This chainsaw boasts of easy operation. It is powered by two 18 volt batteries. All in all, the chainsaw gets a power of 36 volts. To start the chainsaw, there is no rocket-science involved. Just load the batteries and that’s it. Your chainsaw is all set for use.
- Two main issues that pop up as far as chainsaw in considered is in the area of dust and water. But with Makita XCU02Z 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 12″ Chain Saw, you do not have to worry about this. The reason being – it is engineered to withstand increased dust and water resistance especially in those harsh job site conditions.
- This chainsaw has a 12 inch guide bar that throws light on increased capacity.
- You no longer have to worry about overloading, over-heating or over-discharging as this chainsaw is equipped with Star protection Controls that protects it from all of these.
- The Makita technology is such that it delivers category-leading charge time. This ultimately means that the battery is charged faster than usual.
- What better than being able to know the level of battery? This is where this chainsaw has an edge. The LED battery indicators indicate the charging level for each of the 18 volts batteries.
- A large oil reservoir ensures automatic chain lubrication. Additionally, the oil filling port has a view window. Hence, you can check the oil level and add accordingly.
- When you plan to buy a chainsaw, one area that never gets unnoticed is how comfortable would it be to hold. This chainsaw from Makita comes with a rubberized soft grip to handle that ensures even cutting pressure.
- This chainsaw is equipped with electric brake which ultimately means maximum productivity.
Tanaka TCS33EDTP/12 32.2cc 12-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw with Pure Fire Engine
- Tanaka TCS33EDTP is equipped with a half throttle choke with purge primer bulb that paves the way for easy start and warm up.
- The blade length is 12 inches.
- This chainsaw is perfect for commercial users especially in the areas of pruning and shaping. It can be used for hobby work as well.
- Tanaka TCS33EDTP has an engine that is worth mentioning. A 32.2cc 2-stroke commercial grade Pure Fire engine provides a clean and a powerful performance.
- The chainsaws engine is designed in a manner that it consumes less fuel.
- With this chainsaw you no longer have to worry about the emissions. The innovative two-stroke engine produces ultra-low emissions.
- We all want sharer yet easier cuts when using chainsaw. That is exactly what you get here. Additionally, the sprocket nose bar with Oregon chain here provides added control for easier cuts.
- The chain adjustment is absolutely easy. Gear-driven oiler and a side access chain tensioning are the reasons for this.
- This chainsaw boasts of an anti-vibration system for user comfort.
- It comes with an easy access to the rear air filter.
- The power-to-weight ratio is such that it reduces fatigue and ensures higher productivity.
- It comes with a 7-year consumer, 2-year commercial and 1-year rental warranty.
Hitachi CS33EDTP 2-Stroke Gas Powered Top Handle Chain Saw with PureFire Engine
- This is a gas-powered two stroke chain saw that is ideal for pruning, shaping and hobby work.
- The blade length is 14 inches.
- It supports a 32.2 cc, 1.6 horsepower engine.
- The engine is of the low emission type.
- The chainsaw is CARB compliant.
- The 14 inch sprocket nose bar with Oregon chain provides added control for easier cuts.
- Side access chain tensioning system ensures quick and easy chain adjustment. Also, the chain adjuster is such that it keeps the chain at the best cutting efficiency.
- This chainsaw consists of a chrome-plated cylinder, a forged steel connecting rod, and a heavy-duty, gear-driven oiler. All this assure the use of an excellent cutting performance and reliability.
- The power-to-weight ratio reduces fatigue and ensures higher productivity.
- The unit has a 9.9-ounce fuel tank and 6-ounce oil tank.
- This chainsaw is CARB compliant.
- It has a 7-year consumer warranty, 2-year commercial warranty and 1-year rental warranty.
TIMBERPRO 26cc 10″ Petrol Top Handle Topping Chainsaw with 2 Chain Saw Chains & Carry Bag
- This TIMBERPRO chainsaw has a blade of length 10 inches.
- This is 2-stroke 25.4 cc engine and has a single cylinder. The engine has a power of 1.22 HP.
- The engine boasts of being an air-cooled one.
- With a fuel ratio of 25:1 and a fuel capacity of 250 ml, you definitely wouldn’t want to miss this one out.
- The automatic chain lubrication is yet another feature that is worth a mention when it comes to this chainsaw from TIMBERPRO.
- This is a top handle chainsaw.
- This TIMBERPRO chainsaw comes with an easy starting system – thanks to the lateral chain tensioner.
All the chainsaws discussed above are unique in their own way. Each one of them has features that allow them to stand apart from the rest. Right from easy operation to sharp, easy and efficient cuts, they have got you covered. That said, which among them to invest depends on your choice of features desired. However, the fact that still remains is that all of them are worth investing in and that the result delivered would be top-notch.
Frequently asked questions
- Why does the chainsaw not start?
The possible reason for this could be that sufficient voltage is not supplied to the engine to be able to run.
- In case of Makita, what does LXT stand for?
It stands for Lithium-ion Xtreme Technology.
- What to do if the Makita chain saw does not start?
Since Makita is powered by batteries, ensure that charged battery cartridges are installed. Always ensure that the batteries are charged. If the issue still persists despite charging the batteries, it is now time that you replace the batteries.
- What is to be done if there is abnormal vibration?
In case of an abnormal vibration, the first thing that you can do is adjust the guide bar and saw chain tension. After doing this, if the issue isn’t resolved, it is always better to consult an expert for the same.
- Where is the Tanaka TCS33EDTP saw manufactured?
Tanaka TCS33EDTP is manufactured in China
- Is there any assembly required in case of all the four chainsaws?
Yes. Assembly is required. However, there isn’t much effort that has to be put. One can easily assembly the unit by following the instructions mentioned in the user guide carefully.
- What is “cc” in chainsaws?
Cubic centimetres is what “cc” stands for. In general, higher the cc value, more powerful the engine is.
- Can chainsaws be used to cut wood?
Yes, one can use a chainsaw when there is a lot of wood work to deal with. Chainsaws make the wood cutting task easier than ever.
- Why does the chain get dull?
If you are cutting things that are dirty or has a layer of sand then the chain has high chances of becoming dull.