Have you always been a little sceptical when it comes to mowing those hilly areas? Are you not happy with the way your lawn mower works on those tough hilly areas? Well, hilly areas are surely not that easy to deal with. Not every mower is designed to work on those hilly areas. How to choose a mower that’d work best for such tough areas depends on a variety of factors like robustness, how powerful the engine is, slope supported and a lot more. We’ve got a list of 3 best walk behind lawn mowers that are designed keeping in mind how tough it can get while mowing those tough, rough hilly areas. Keep reading to learn more!
HONDA 662330 21 IN. GCV200 4-IN-1 VERSAMOW SYSTEM WALK BEHIND MOWER
- START: No one would want to keep trying hard for the mower to start and get mowing. With Honda 662330 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow system walk behind mower with clip director, micro-cut twin blades & Roto-stop (BSS), you no longer have to worry about how long will it take to start. This walk behind lawn mower features an easy start mechanism thus enabling you to save a lot of time. Also, this lawn mower is gas powered.
- ENGINE: No matter how many features your lawn mower is packed with, not being backed by a powerful engine makes it no less than a worthless mower. The 662330 21 in. GCV200 mower from Honda has a powerful engine thus giving better mowing results. That one point that is worth a mention is that all the engines from Honda are 50-state EPA and CARB emission levels certified.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABILITY: This mower allows you to choose from 7 different height options available as per your requirements. The minimum height that you can choose is 0.75’’ and the maximum cutting height is 4’’.
- SPEED CONTROL: What better than being able to choose the speed that best suits the grass and mow accordingly? The Honda 662330 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow system walk behind mower, it is now possible to adjust speed from 0 to 4 mph. all that you have to do is adjust the speed by rotating the speed dial and then engage the select drive lever for intuitive speed control.
- 4-IN-1 VERSAMOW SYSTEM: Evidently enough, this talks about 4 different features clubbed into a single mower. The 4 different features that this mower offers are – mulching, discharge, bagging facility and leaf shred with no tools required. Mulching allows you to obtain a much healthier and greener turf as the nutrients are retained in the soil. The rear discharge feature makes it easy to spread the grass clippings and bagging allows collecting the clippings for better disposal. Handling the dry leaves is easier than ever because of the leaf shred. The 4-in-1 Versamow system feature makes this mower one of the most sought after ones.
- MICRO-CUT TWIN BLADES: Another feature that is surely worth all the hype is the “Twin Blade Micro-Cut System” that makes use of four cutting surfaces. These surfaces are so sharp and good in quality that you are bound to see ultra-fine clippings. This not only aids in superior mulching but also results in more clippings per bag that further eliminates the need of emptying the bag every now and then.
- ROTO-STOP FEATURE: This is a safety feature that allows the blades to stop without stopping the engine.
- DECK: The Honda 662330 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow system walk behind mower is made of Nexite deck that is rust-free thus ensuring long life of the mower. The deck has a width of 21 inches.
- WHEELS: This mower has 9 in. wheels with rear ball bearings that help in smooth movement over varied terrain.
- This mower from Honda also has a quick release handle feature.
- STORAGE: Space has always been a concern. With Honda 662330 21 in. GCV200 4-in-1 Versamow system walk behind mower, your worries are now at bay. This walk behind lawn mower can now be folded for better utilization of space.
- WARRANTY: This lawn mower has a 5 year warranty period.
CRAFTSMAN M215 159CC 21-INCH 3-IN-1 GAS POWERED LAWN MOWER
- SELF-PROPULSION: With the feature of your mower being self-propelled, the entire process of mowing your lawn is now easier than ever. Just move around your lawn with the propulsion speed of your choice and see the results for yourself. It is that simple!
- START: How easy it is to start the lawn mower does play an important role while you are planning to buy one. The Craftsman M215 self-propelled mower comes an auto choke function. No more fussing and dealing with the mess of a primer or choke. Just pull to start, and you are done!
- ENGINE: This lawn mower has a powerful and a robust engine that assures of providing an efficient mowing experience.
- 3-IN-1 FEATURE: The Craftsman M215 159 cc 21” high wheeled gas powered mower has 3 great features to offer to its users – side discharge, rear discharge and the mulching feature. A power packed unit this is. Agree?
- DECK: The cutting deck has a width of 21 inches which is wide enough to mow wider areas of grass.
- DRIVE TYPE: This mower has a front wheel drive type with the help of which it is easy to maneuver around level terrain with ease.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABILITY: The ability of the lawn mower to adjust height is surely one of the prime reasons of buying it. The extent to which it is possible to cut the grass does make it a point worth noting, undoubtedly. The Craftsman M215 159 cc 21” high wheeled gas powered mower has a dual lever that gives the user an option to choose from 6 different height positions.
- WHEELS: The wheels are designed in such a way that they allow more traction. The Zig-Zag tread on the wheels makes it possible to tackle uneven terrain in a much better manner. The advantage of high rear wheels is that it is great to deal with tough hilly areas as the maneuverability is now better with these wheels.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT: The dimensions of this lawn mower are 39 x 24 x 17.75 inches and it weighs about 82.8 pounds.
- WARRANTY: This lawn mower comes with a 2 year warranty period.
CRAFTSMAN M275 159CC 21-INCH 3-IN-1 HIGH-WHEELED
- SELF-PROPULSION: Craftsman M275 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled Self-Propelled FWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower comes with a self-propulsion feature. This ensures that your mowing experience is now easier than ever. Plus, what better than being able to choose the speed at which you want to mow? Simply put, you feel as if zero efforts are being put to mow your garden. Worth a purchase, isn’t it?
- ELECTRIC START: This gas powered lawn mower comes with a powerful 159 cc engine and an electric start feature with the help of which it is possible to quickly start the mower by just pushing a button. No more waiting, no more fuss around.
- BUILD QUALITY: The mower is sturdy and strong enough to mow your lawn seamlessly.
- 3-IN-1 FEATURE: One of the features of this gas powered lawn mower that is worth a mention and makes it a must buy mower is that it comes with a 3-in-1 feature – side discharge, rear discharge and mulching ability. A lawnmower that has both- rear discharge and side discharge makes it easy to decide as to what has to be done with the grass clippings. With that being said, you can either remove the grass clippings from the lawn or can have them cut and fall back in the lawn. This mower also has the ability to mulch thereby improving the soil quality.
- DECK WASH: With the deck wash feature, the user can now attach a hose for fast and easy deck washing. Regularly cleaning the mower ultimately results in a longer life.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABILITY: Depending on how you want your lawn to be mowed- should it be lightly trimmed or mow in a manner that the cut is a little above 2 inches or a full cut, you can get all of that adjusted. Craftsman M275 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled Self-Propelled FWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower has a dual lever that allows you to adjust the cutting height between 6 different cutting heights (1.25 inches to 3.75 inches).
- FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: The front wheel drive in this gas powered lawn mower is propelled by a single lever squeezebox that enables you to accelerate your mower without any difficulty. This can be run on slopes as well.
- MANEUVERABILITY: The 8″ Front wheels & 11″ Rear wheels are made with “Zig-Zag treading” that ultimately would provide a better grip in wet conditions. The wheels are designed to deliver more traction, mobility & durability.
- DECK: Craftsman M275 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled Self-Propelled FWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower has a 21 inches cutting deck that allows you to small or medium-sized lawns / gardens. Cutting an area up to an acre won’t be an issue.
- WARRANTY: This particular lawn mower comes with a 2 year warranty.
All the 3 lawn mowers have exceptional features to offer and a great performance. Though they are a still on the expensive side, the mowing experience that they provide is truly worth every penny. If you are looking for a mower that has comparatively more features to offer be it terms of warranty, environmental friendly, safety, etc., then Honda 662330 21 in. GCV200 could be the best option. The other two – Craftsman M275 159cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 High-Wheeled Self-Propelled FWD Gas Powered Lawn Mower and Craftsman M215 159 cc 21” high wheeled gas powered mower offer almost the same features and perform more or less is the same manner. The difference lies in how the mower starts, which one is heavier and noisier, etc.
Watch the Video till End
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (MUST READ)
- Why does a mower come with a battery if it is gas powered?
A battery is provided in a gas powered lawn mower so that one can make use of either a “push start” or a “pull start”. The battery aids in the “push start” mechanism. You can also start the mower by pulling method (in such a case, it is the gas that aids in starting the mower).
- What causes my mower to smoke?
The lawn mower smokes if the oil tank is too full or when oil has leaked when you tilted the mower to the side.
- Why does the grass bag not fill?
A lawn mower that comes with a bag is a good feature, no doubt. But sometimes, the bag doesn’t fill properly. The possible reasons for the same could be – damaged or worn blade, clogged chute, a thatched grass bag, insufficient throttle or poor engine performance.
- Is oil provided with the mower?
Yes, some lawn mowers come with a bottle of oil. For some, you’ll have to buy one to get started.
Trending Mowers in 2021 (Don’t Miss)