If you are looking for the best circular saws in 2019, then you are at right place. Today, we’ll be discussing some of the best circular saws that you can buy right now. We have gone through all the brands like DeWalt, Ryobi, Bosch, Makita, Black & Decker, and others. There are a lot of factors we kept in mind to decide the best ones like affordability, ease of use, durability, battery backup, power, and more.
We have also covered some of the things that you have to keep in mind before buying a circular saw. So, read the whole article thoroughly, in case you have any question, you can ask me at last, we’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
IF you are wondering why going for a cordless circular saw is a better option. It might not be a right choice when it comes to cutting granite, masonry, steel & lumber but it could be your best companion if you are looking for a portable and easy to maneuver power tool.
When it comes to categorization, there are three kinds of circular saws which are cordless circular saw, worm drives, and sidewinders. Further, Cordless comes in two categories, which include blade right and blade left. You can choose the option depending on whether you are right-handed or left-handed. If you are right-handed, then select the one which has a blade on the left side of the saw. Most of the left-handed people go with typical sidewinders.
So, let’s dive into some other important aspects of the Circular saw one by one. Remember, every section is important, and you don’t want to miss any vital information by skipping one.
Brushed Vs. Brushless
A lot of people have been asking the difference between brushed and brushless option. Is brushless option better? Or is it just a trend? Brushless motors are technically better because their design reduces the friction, which in return gives the better battery backup and more power. Though brushless circular saws cost more, they are worth their investment. One more thing that brushless circular saws are less noise than the brushed circular saws.
Cordless vs. Corded Circular Saw
As we would be focusing upon the top 10 circular saws in 2019. So, firstly discuss how is the cordless version better than the corded ones and why it’s not a suitable fit for everyone?
So, let’s talk about both of them, then only you decide which one is the right choice for you. We’ll discuss both pros and cons, in case we miss any important point, you can let us know in the comments below.
- Corded Circular Saw: Most of the users prefer the corded Circular saw because you can’t compromise with the power. It’s very rare not to find an electric outlet nowadays. If you are doing the job from your workshop, then it’s good, and even though you are traveling, you will find some power source everywhere. They are also cheaper and lightweight as they don’t have to carry the extra weight of batteries. If you are working only in the workshop then hands down, Corded one is the best option for you.
- Cordless Circular Saw: If you have to travel a lot for the cutting work, Cordless Circular Saw would be the right choice for you. You don’t have the continuous electric power for this. You just charge it once and can use it for hours without a glitch. It is very helpful when you are working in a remote location, and there are no electric outlets. Most of the cordless are lightweight, which makes them easy to use, and you can conveniently do the maneuvering at your disposal. Brands like Makita & Bosch sell Circular Saws with battery and charger. You get all the necessary tools in the kit, and you don’t have to buy anything separately, which makes it the right value for investment. The biggest downside of the cordless saw is power. They are not good when you are dealing with tough materials. Also, you can operate them continuously; you need to charge them after every use. They are also more expensive than the Corded Circular Saws.
Things to keep in mind before buying a circular saw
In this section, we’ll talk about some of the essential aspects that you have to keep in mind before buying a circular saw. We’ll cover portability, power, price, and other aspects. So, let’s dive into each one by one.
As we know that this is the biggest downside of a cordless circular saw. So, you have to keep in mind this feature before buying one. Check what the RPM of the blade is. It can vary from 3000 to 6000 RPM range. The more the RPM is, the more power, you’ll get. Also, check what motor HP which is being used at the circular saw is. For better torque, you can go with worm drive circular saw which has power than a sidewinder in general.
If saw takes too much time to get charged, it becomes frustrating. It hinders your work progress, and sometimes you have to put your project on hold. Charging time varies drastically from half an hour to one and a half-hour. Better, to go with something which has charging time less than 60mins. Make sure at the same time; you don’t compromise with the battery power as well.
You also have to check what is the cutting capacity that you are getting with the product and how easily you can make the depth adjustment. If the depth of cut is more, you’ll be easily able to cut the thick pieces. The cutting depth will vary at a different angle.
7 1/2 inch saw at 90degree can cut 2 3/8″
6 1/2 inch saw at 90degree can cut 2 1/2″
You also need to make the bevel cuts at different angles by tilting the base. Check, what size of the blade that you are getting with the saw, does it have a locking lever or how easy it is to adjust the depth of cut?
Weight is an essential factor when it comes to portability. If you do the work at different job locations, make sure that it’s not too heavy to move around. So, if you are buying it offline, better lift it and check whether you would be able to use it easily or not. Sometimes, when you are doing the home construction, you have to use saw at different heights, so make sure that it is handy and you can easily carry it around on your own.
Safety is very vital before buying any kind of power tool. The first thing that you have to check is that you are comfortable using it, considering its design and grip. And, then what braking mechanism, the tool is having? Is it having an electronic brake? Electric brakes are life-saving in an emergency and stop the blade in seconds. Also, cross-check that it should have the blade guard and a footplate for better safety.
Top 10 Circular Saw
1- DeWalt DCS391B 20V Cordless Circular Saw
This is one of the best cordless Circular saw that you could buy in 2019. DeWalt has been known for making some of the best power tools in the market, and this is one of them. It is recommended for professional use. There are other two variants as well that you can choose as an option if you want to go with battery packs and a carbide blade kit. It comes with 460MWO motor and a 20V lithium battery. What i really love about this circular saw is the torque and its 5250 RPM speed. Below are some of the critical things that you should know about DeWalt DCS391B 20V Cordless Circular Saw.
- It is a lightweight circular saw comes with an aluminum shoe which allows you to have better precision and maneuverability.
- It has excellent torque, and you can easily cut through the softwood and hardwood.
- Its ergonomic build quality provides you the better handling. Handle comes with soft rubber coating which offers good control.
- You can easily do the bevel cuts in this machine. The angle can be changed from 0 to 50degrees quite easily. You can also lock the angles in case you want to do the same cut again.
- This is a bare tool; you have to buy the battery and blade separately that will cost you some extra bucks.
2- Makita 18V XSR01PT Cordless Circular Saw
Makita is a brand that we all are familiar with. This model takes the second place in our top 10 list. It is a complete kit that comes with two 18V 5Ah batteries. The blade orientation is on the left side, and the blade diameter is 7-1/4inches. No-load condition, it rotates at 5100RPM, which is a pretty decent speed. The bare tool cost is around $158 while the complete kit will cost you around $300.
It comes with brushless motor and also has a rafter hook. For better safety, it has an electronic brake and metal blade guard. It also has the LED light but doesn’t come with a riving knife. Below are the main features of Makita 18V XSR01PT Cordless Circular Saw.
- You can precisely make the bevel cuts. The angle can be changed from 22.5degree to 45degree.
- It is one of the most powerful circular saw and known for its fastest cutting record.
- The build quality is also pretty good if you feel comfortable using it. It has a push-in safety button, and you get a perfect grip while holding it.
- What users really don’t like about this saw is its heavyweight. You have to use both the hands while using it.
3- DeWalt DCS575T2 FLEXVOLT
On third place, again comes the DeWalt Model. It is a 60V with 7-1/4″ blade with brake kit circular saw. With the kit, you get two 60V 2.0 Ah batteries. In No load condition, you get RPM around 5800, which gives the machine power to cut through any kind of wood. The blade orientation in on the right side. It weighs around 11pounds with a battery which i will consider a medium weight division.
What i love about this model that it comes with three years of warranty. The full kit costs double the price of the bare tool. I would recommend you to go with a complete kit so that you don’t have to buy anything separately. Below are some important aspects of DeWalt DCS575T2 60V MAX 7-1/4″ Circular Saw.
- It makes very less noise, which makes it the right choice for home use.
- The blade diameter is 7-1/4″, and the depth of cut you get at 90degree is two 1/2inch and at 45 degrees 1 7/8″.
- Users complained that there is a little bit shake while using the machine. You should have a very good grip while using it.
- This circular saw performs pretty well during the overload condition. You will rarely see a DeWalt motor burning out.
4- Black & Decker BDCCS20B 20V Cordless Circular Saw
At fourth place, we have a Black & Decker Model BDCCS20B. It is a 20V cordless circular saw and has a really good rating online. This is also a bare tool, the charger, and the battery; you have to buy separately. If you are looking for an affordable option, it can be the right choice to go for. According to the company, this bare tool is compatible with all black and decker battery system. If you have another power tool, you don’t have to buy the batteries separately.
It also has a front handle which allows you to have a better grip and ergonomically handle the power tool. You can use it for a longer duration without feeling fatigued. So, let’s dive into some of the important aspects of it.
- What i like about this table is the stability and ease of use. Even though you are a beginner, you’ll easily get used to of it.
- The depth adjustment is also quite simple, and you can conveniently move the blade up and down.
- Bevel cuts are easy to make; you can change the angle from 45degree to 90degree quite easily.
- If you are looking for a compact, portable, and affordable Circular saw, then this could be the right choice to go for.
5- DeWalt DCS391P1 20V Circular Saw Kit
This is a 20V circular saw and has a really good rating online. This is the best Circular saw with battery and charger in 2019. It comes with a complete kit, and you don’t have to buy anything separately. This model is the same as DCS391B; the only difference is that you get a battery and charger with it.
You also get the plastic carry case with this model that allows you to take this model from one place to another quite easily. If you are a beginner, it can’t be the right choice for you as it comes at a quite higher price. Below are some important aspects of DeWalt DCS391P1.
- It is a heavy-duty, durable circular saw and lasts for years without a glitch. Highly recommended for professionals.
- It is a complete kit with battery and charger, and you don’t have to buy anything separately.
- It has good battery backup and suitable for daily use. It also has all the safety features that you want in a circular table saw.
6- Milwaukee 2530-21XC M12 FUEL 5-3/8 Inch Circular Saw
This is also a very popular Milwaukee Model that you should consider for buying. If you are looking for a lightweight option, this could be the best choice to go for. It comes with REDLITHIUM XC battery and has an advanced REDLINK PLUS system. It has a blade of 5-3/8 inch which can cut up to 1-5/8 inch at 90degree angle. Below are some of the important things that you have to know about Milwaukee 2530-21XC before buying.
- It comes with five years of warranty, which itself gives you an idea about its durable build quality.
- It is suitable for DIYers and Woodworking enthusiasts, and you can work on different small projects with it.
- It comes with a brushless motor, which makes it less noisy. The bevel capacity of the machine is up to 50degrees.
7- Bosch CCS180B 18V Circular Saw
So, here comes the first Bosch Model in our top 10 list that you should have a look at. It is an 18V with 6- ½ Inch blade circular saw. It is a bare tool, the accessories; you have to buy separately. It comes with one year of warranty which is not very good. It has brushed motor, and bevel capacity is up to 50degree. When it comes to cutting capacity, it cuts 2inches at 90degree. Below are some of the important aspects that you should know before buying.
- The blade is on the left side, which makes it suitable for the right-handed person, and you get the proper view of the cut line.
- It comes with an anti-snag guard, which makes lowering workpiece easier.
- The foot and upper guard is made up of aluminum, which makes it heavy-duty and safe to use.
- The battery backup of the machine is pretty good as it comes with 2V charging storage capacity. You can cut a lot of planks with a single charge.
- It is a bit heavier, and you might not be able to use for a longer duration. It also has the electronic blade feature which stops the blade in seconds.
- The speed is not pretty good as it comes with 3500RPM. And, there is no LED indicator as well.
8- Ridgid Genuine OEM R8652
You might not have heard about this brand, but they make really good power tools. They make a unique circular saw which provides you better handling and convenient experience. The company also has very good customer service as well. Though it is not very popular online but worth its investment. The build quality of the tool is pretty good, which makes it durable, and you can easily use it for years without any part replacement. Below are some important features.
- It comes with a user-friendly paddle lock, which gives you better control in adjusting the depth and bevel.
- It also comes with LED light, which makes it easy to use during low light conditions.
- It comes with a 4AH battery which allows you to use it for a longer duration after one charge.
- It is quite heavy in weight which is a little bit downside of this cordless circular saw.
9- Milwaukee M18 2731-22 Circular Saw Kit
This circular saw kit comes with 7-1/4″ blade. It runs of 18V 4.0 Ah battery. The blade orientation is on the right side, and it goes up to 5,000 RPM during the no-load condition.
Though the power tool is bit heavy, and it weighs around 10pounds. If you are wondering why we kept this at 9th place even after having such good features is because of its higher price. Below are some of the important aspects of the Circular Saw that you have to look at before buying.
- It has 2 1/2″ depth of cut at 90° and 1 7/8″ at 45°. The bevel capacity varies from 0 to 50degrees.
- It comes with 3years of warranty which gives you an idea about the build quality of the product. It is a very low maintenance circular saw, and you can use it for years without any problem.
- If you are going for a complete kit, it will cost you around $439, which could be a bit costly if you are a beginner.
- It has all the necessary features that you want in a circular saw which includes rafter hook, metal blade guard, blade brake, led light and brushless motor.
10- User Choice Circular Saw [Updating Soon]
Please let us know in the comments below, which one we missed and put in our top 10 list. Looking forward to your replies below. Thanks in Advance.
Circular Saw Mistakes | Watch the Video till End
We have covered everything that you should know about these table saws. Whether you are looking for a beginner table saw or an advanced one, you can choose one among them. These are some of the best in the market in 2019, and you can buy considering your priorities.
Some are heavy, while some are lightweight. While some circular saws come with battery and charger whereas for others, you have to spend some extra money. So, choose the one that meets your requirement, in case you have any doubt, you can let us know in the comments below.