Today, in this article, we’ll talk about one of the best Hitachi product C10FCG miter saw. This tool is fantastic when it comes to precision and accuracy. You can easily make angled cuts with the miter saw very conveniently. Its wide variety of application makes it suitable for various jobs that include crown molding, window casing, picture frames, and other different types of cuts, which are quite impossible to achieve with the regular saws.
People have also been asking the difference between C10FCG and the C10FCE2 which, we’ll discuss in detail in the below section. There are dozens of companies in the market which make different types of miter saws, but most of the time, you don’t get the quality, and you see the problems in precision.
But, in the case of Hitachi models, the case is quite different; they are a synonym to the accuracy and precision. This model is one of the best in the market and comes with five years of warranty. It is super durable; high-quality material is used, which makes it last for years. You can bevel the miter saw up to 45 degrees that give you the freedom of making cross-cut and angled cuts at your disposal.
It is very convenient to use when you are working on remodeling of projects. You can use it for cutting baseboards and picture frames. It is a very lightweight tool and weighs only around 24.2 pounds. You can easily carry it around one place to another by holding with the one hand.
Its variety of application makes it suitable for woodworkers, framers, and carpenters. According to the company, the accuracy and precision are their topmost priority. You can easily make compound cuts, bevel cuts, cross cuts, and miter cut.
What i really like about the tool is its ease of use. You can change the miter angle from 0 to 52 degrees very easily as it comes with a simple thumb adjustment system. The bevel cut angle can be changed up to 45degrees. It is a versatile product and has some other advanced features that we’ll discuss in details in the below section. So, read the entire post thoroughly, and you can ask us the questions in the comments below in case you have any. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
|Hitachi C10FCG ||Specifications|
In this section, we’ll talk about the different essential aspects in detail. So, let’s dive into each one by one.
You get a lot of flexibility in terms of its cutting capacity. You can tilt the blade left and right up to 52 degrees while the bevel angle ranges from 0 to 45 degrees. You can do all these cuts with precision and accuracy that you will not get in any other power tool.
What i really like about the miter gauge is its thumb adjustment that is a very convenient feature and saves a lot of time. You can cut different kind of woods and even metal by putting the right blade. You can change the bevel angle by easily holding the handle. If you have already been using the miter saw, You’ll get used to of it in a very short span of time.
It comes with a strong 15ampere motor which is capable of cutting through any kind of material. You can cut through different kinds of hardwood and different tough materials as well. It comes with 24 tooth 10inch blade. You can also use different kinds of blade depending on what kind of material you are dealing with.
Affordability & Maintenance
There are a variety of miter saws available in the market. The price range might vary from a hundred dollars to thousands of dollars. It costs you around $100, which makes it the most suitable deal for you. Considering all those features that you get, this miter saw is remarkably cheap. It comes with 5years of warranty which itself gives you an idea about its build quality. The maintenance is very low; you don’t have to spend an extra penny on it.
For more information regarding its maintenance and safety, you can download the user manual from here.
This power tool is very stable, and you feel very secure while using it. It has a very good design, especially the handle which gives you a good grip and you feel comfortable using it. Most of the miter saw uses the vertical handle that becomes quite difficult to control sometimes. But, this one comes with a horizontal handle that doesn’t let it slip, and you feel better control over it.
While dealing with the tough material, you might feel the vibration; at that time, a good grip is very important for better usage. There is one more benefit of the horizontal handle that it allows you to have the top-down view which gives the more clarity and you can see any problem on the pattern while making the cut. Also, stability and safety depend upon how you use the tool. So, it’s highly recommended to go through the manual so that you are completely aware of this Hitachi tool.
Dust collection port
Dust collection is a very important part of the tool. If it’s not proper, then you’ll have a mess every time, and this is also not good for your health. Though a lot of users are not happy with its dust collection. The dust collection port is at the back where you can put the vacuum cleaner and reduce the mess little bit.
Hitachi C10fcg setup & assembly
Hitachi C10FCG assembly is pretty straight forward. You can download the user manual from here. Follow the below steps one by one for the tool assembly.
- Once You receive the delivery, unpack the tool carefully and put down all the accessories that you get inside it.
- The first thing that you have to do is the installation of the holder. You’ll be having the two holders. The bent holder is installation done on the side while the flat one is installed on the rear side of the saw.
- Once the holder is in the position, you can tight the 6mm bolt with 10mm wrench.
- The next thing that you do is the installation of the handle at the front. You have to screw it with m10 bolt with 17mm wrench.
- Once the handle is installed, now you can go for the sub fence installation. It is placed on the saw left side.
- Make sure all the screws are tightened properly. You don’t want screw coming off while using it. So, cross-check everything properly, once you are sure, then only start using it.
Pros & Cons
In this section, we’ll brief you about some of the main points. It covers advantages and disadvantages so that you know, both the sides of the product.
- It is a very lightweight machine, and you can easily carry it at different job site locations.
- It has the solid build quality and comes with five years of warranty that itself gives you an idea about its sturdy build.
- It can cut through a different kind of tough material. But, you need to change the blade accordingly.
- It is very easy to use, comes with a horizontal handle that provides you the better grip and comfort.
- You can make very precise and accurate cuts on the machine. It also has laser-guided lights for better precision.
- It is very affordable as well, and it’s very hard to find a miter saw with these many features with this price range.
- It is suitable for woodworkers, framers, and carpenters. If you are a hobbyist and thinking of buying your first miter saw, this could be the right one to start with.
- It is an entry-level miter saw, not suitable for heavy-duty use.
- The dust collection system of the tool is not good. And every time you use it, you’ll end up having a mess only.
- User Manual is not very straightforward. You might find it a bit confusing.
- It’s not very stable when you are using it on collapsible base.
- A laser guide would have been helpful for better cuts.
c10fcg vs c10fce2
A lot of people have been asking the difference between these two models. Both models have a lot of similarities. They both are budget-friendly and come with some really advanced features. If you are a beginner or a hobbyist, you can choose either one of them as they have all the necessary features and decent build quality. When it comes to portability, C10FCG is lighter in weight, and you can easily move it around. While if you are really tight on budget, then C10FCE2 could be the option as it comes at a cheaper price. They both are suitable for entry-level. If you want something of high end, I would highly recommend going for Dewalt and Bosch Models.
c10fcg vs c10fch2
Both the miter saws come with a 10inch 24 blade tool. They both have 15Amp motors which give it strong torque. They both are very quick and runs up to 5000RPM at No load condition. When it comes to weight, C10FCH2 is slightly heavier than the C10FCG model. When it comes to precision and accuracy, C10FCH2 has a laser that provides better accuracy. Both are pretty bad in the dust collection system, and when you are done using the machine, be ready to clean the mess.
Hitachi C10FCG is one of the best entry-level miters saw that you could buy. If you are just starting out and looking forward to buying your first tool, this could be a good choice to go for. It has all the features that you need in a miter saw. It comes with five years of warranty, which gives you an idea about its high-end quality.
The price tag of the miter saw is also very affordable; that’s why it is so popular online. It has received really good ratings on Amazon. It is also very powerful as well and cut through any kind of material. Its horizontal hand gives you the good grip, and you can also easily adjust the miter gauge with thumb adjustment.
So, we have covered everything that you should know about the machine. In case you have any confusion, you can let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.