Delta Company is known for making awesome power tools. They have been making power tools for the woodworking industry for the last 100 years. Their products are known for their durability and ergonomic build quality. They also have very customer service as well, so in case you need their assistance during maintenance, they are very quick to help.
According to the company, they believe in accuracy and precision, and that’s their forte. They have millions of users around the world, and their diverse range of products cater to the needs of every woodworker.
Today, in this article, we’ll discuss all the important things that you should know about this miter saw. For more information, you can visit the Delta Official Site.
Delta 26-2250 Specs
|Weight ||57 pounds|
|Dimensions ||30 x 26 x 21.5 inches|
|Size ||12 Inches|
|Voltage ||120 volts|
|Wattage ||1800 watts|
|Motor size||4000 RPM|
|Arbor Size||1 inch|
|Bevel Angle (Left)||47
|Bevel Angle (Right) ||47|
|Maximum Degree Miter Cuts - Left||50|
|Maximum Degree Miter Cuts - Right||60|
1- Build Quality
This model comes with innovative design, which makes it stand out from the crowd. It has a creative saw arm that gives you better control over the miter saw. Its build quality is also pretty durable with a good aesthetic look. Because of its compact design, you can transport it from one place to another very easily. According to the company, you can have smooth cuts at your disposal. It weighs around 57 pounds, and its dimensions are 25-1.2 * 21-1/2 * 30 inches. If you are an advanced user and want to work on bigger projects, this power tool can be the right fit for you.
2- Cutting Capacity
Cutting Capacity is one of your topmost priority when buying a miter saw. It can crosscut up to 18 inches. This is one of the best cross-cut capacity in this price range. It also crown molding support is up to 7.5inches. It also has a flip-down lock system, which allows you to make plunge cuts pretty easily. Below are the different cutting capacity specifications of Delta 26-2250.
Maximum (2 X 18 lumber): 1.5 in. X 17.25 in.
Miter 0° / Bevel 0° (4 X 14 lumber): 3.5 in. X 13.25 in.
Miter 0° / Bevel 45° (2 X 14 lumber): 1.5 in. X 13.25 in.
Miter 45° / Bevel 0° (4 X 10 lumber): 3.5 in. X 9.25 in.
Miter 45° / Bevel 45° (2 X 10 lumber): 1.5 in. X 9.25 in.
Crown (Nested): 7.5 in.
Baseboard (Vertical): 6.5 in. (maximum cutting depth)
This power tool has a really good performance. It comes with a 12inch blade. You can use this miter saw for a longer duration without worrying about motor overloading and overheating. The bevel capacity is 47 degrees on both the left and right sides. It has seven positive stops at different bevel angles. It has a total of ten miter detents which 50 degrees to the left, and 60 degrees to the right. The saw is very easy to use; all the calibration and adjustments can be done very easily.
4- Motor Power
It comes with 15 Amp motor, which provides 4000RPM in a no-load condition. It has a molded handle with an ergonomic trigger, which helps you to have better control over the machine. Its torque is good enough to cut through any kind of material.
5- Dust Collection
When it comes to dust collection, it’s not great, but it’s decent enough. It has a 1.5inch dust port, and you also get a dust bag as well. You can also hook up the vacuum and clean the things pretty fast.
6- Delta 26-2250 Pros
In this section, we’ll talk about the pros of this model. Read all the points carefully. It will give you an idea about all of its advantages.
- It’s a dual bevel miter saw, which makes the cutting effective and more efficient.
- There are seven positive stops with which you can make the cuts at different angles pretty easily.
- It has the best cross-cutting capacity in this class, which is 18 inches.
- The miter angle range is 60 degrees right and 50 degrees left. The bevel range is 47 degrees in both the direction, which gives you the freedom to make cuts at a different range.
- It comes with a flip-down fence design, which is very easy to work with, and you can easily work on large projects.
- It has an adjustable crown fence that allows you to make the adjustments, and you can extend it up to 7.5 inches.
- Its robot arm design is its main selling point, which helps in making accurate and precise cuts.
7- Delta 26-2250 Cons
In this section, we’ll talk about the negatives of this Delta Miter Saw. It will give you an idea about the flipside of this tool.
- Some of the users complained that Saw Head Spring loosen up over the period. Though, According to Company, one should not face any issue up to 1 million cycles.
- Considering the size of the miter saw, the handle of the tool is not that strong.
- When it comes to storage. You can face a problem with too much space clearance in the base.
- It is capable of cutting up to 18 inches, but for that, you need to have added support piece, and that would cost you extra bucks.
- The dust port system is ok but could have been better.
Best Miter Saw Tricks & Tips | Watch the Video till End
We have discussed everything that you should know about this tool. This is one of the best products by Delta Company and has received really good reviews online. If you are an advanced user and looking for a high-end miter saw, this could be the right choice for you.