DeWalt & Makita are two of the major brands in the mitre saw industry. They are known for making high-end durable products for advanced and beginner users.
Dewalt Model that we are going to discuss today is a double bevel compound miter saw and comes in black, yellow & silver colour. It also has good cutting accuracy and you can use it for longer duration. Dewalt Miter Saws are known for their ease of use, and they also come with a good warranty period as well.
While Makita is also a very famous power tool manufacturer around the world, they make cutting edge power tools in different categories. Their products are stronger, lighter and also easy to use. They have their main distribution centre based in the USA. Most of their tools come with one year of warranty, and you also get 30 days of money-back guarantee as well. Though the warranty period can also be extended, and it varies depending on which site you are buying the product.
|Miter Saw||Dewalt dw717||Makita ls1016l|
|Weight||51 pounds||52.2 pounds|
|Dimensions||23.5 x 31 x 19.5 inches||28.3 x 25.2 x 26.4 inches|
|Color||Black/Yellow/Silver Miter saw|
|Blade Speed||4,000 rpm||3200 rpm|
|Miter capacity||left 60° and right 52°||left 60° and right 52°|
|Amps||15 Amp||15 Amp|
|Warranty Description||3 Year Limited Warranty / 90 Day Money Back Guarantee||1-year warranty|
Dewalt dw717 vs Makita ls1016l Miter Saw Comparison
1- Inside the Box
With both the models, you get all the required accessories and tools. You don’t have to buy anything separately. With Dewalt, you get 40 tooth blade, and with Makita, you get 60 tooth blade. If you want to try some different blades, you can go with the other options. Dewalt Model comes with the laser system that you have to buy separately. Below is the list of items that you would be getting with the package.
2- Ripping Capacity
Ripping Capacity is the core of every miter saw. The better the cutting capacity, the better the model is. Dewalt Model comes with decent cutting capacity. Especially, it’s vertical cutting capacity is one of the best in this price range. It also depends what blade you are using.
Makita ls1016l comes with patented direct drive gearbox system. It has 6-5/8 inches crown molding cutting capacity. Its baseboard cutting capacity is 4-3/4-inches at 45 degrees and 12 inches at 90 degrees.
3- Dust Collection
Dust Collection is one of the most overlooked features, but it plays a very important role in deciding your woodwork effectiveness. Dewalt dw717 comes with the ok dust collection system. A lot of users complained that it throws the dust around while in use. So, if you are an advanced user, you probably might not be happy with its dust collection. According to the users, it collects 80% of the dust, but in reality, it does less than 70%.
Makita ls1016l also has ok dust collection system only. It comes with a dustbag, and you can also hook up the vacuum as per the requirement.
4- Build Quality
Dewalt Model has really good build quality, and it also has a good aesthetic look as well. It comes with 15 Amp motor, and you get 4000RPM in a no-load condition. It has easy to adjust mitre detents that comes with 11 positive stops. It is a versatile saw with miter detents from 0 to 60 degrees on the left and 0 to 52 degrees on the right.
While Makita ls1016l Model comes with a compact design and you can store it in a really small place. It’s portable and can be easily transported. It has four steel rail sliding system which requires less rear space during sliding. You also get better clarity of the line of cut, which helps you in having accurate cuts. It also has a rubberized handle as well, which gives you better control over the machine, and you feel comfortable using it.
In this section, we’ll talk about the pros of both the models. It will give you an idea about the positive sides of both the models. So, go through all the points to have a better idea about miter saw advantages.
- It is a very accurate saw and very easy to use. Even though you are a beginner; you will get quickly used to of it.
- It comes with 4000RPM, which is a very good RPM speed and allows you to cut through any kind of material.
- The bevel scale that you get is pretty good. It gives you more freedom to make angle cuts.
- It is also lightweight and compact, and you can easily store it in a small place.
- Makita ls1016l is also a very accurate model and provides you with a smooth cutting experience.
- What i really love about this miter saw that it is very quiet and it doesn’t make much sound while in use.
- It comes with a soft start system so that you don’t feel the jerk while using it.
- The power tool comes almost pre-assembled, and you need to do very less assembly before you start using it.
In this section, we’ll talk about the cons of both the models. It will tell you about these miter saw disadvantages. So, read all the points so that you also have an idea about its flipside as well.
- It doesn’t have board support extension that could be a problem when you are dealing with wide stock.
- The dust collection system is ok. But it could have been better.
- It’s also a bit costly as well. If you are a beginner, it might be a bit pricey for you.
- User Manual is not very clear. You might have to watch some youtube videos before you start using it.
- Though it comes with a laser, it could have been brighter, and that provided better illumination.
Watch the Video till End
So, we have discussed all the different aspects of both the miter saw models. DeWalt Model is very accurate, and cuts can be done pretty easily. It is suitable for beginners and DIY enthusiasts. Though it’s not very cheap but at the same time, it won’t break your pocket as well.
While Makita LS1016L Model is also a durable model, it also has some pros and cons like Dewalt Model. It has some advanced features that makes it stand out of the crowd.
So, after one to one discussion, we have come up with a conclusion of winner mitre saw (Our Recommendation). It is completely based on features and user reviews. In case you have any doubt, you can let us know in the comments below. We’ll let you know in the comments below.