We often find ourselves confused when it comes to buying a table saw. Because there are so many brands and models, and each one is unique in its way. Today, we’ll compare two top-rated DeWalt Models, which are Dewalt dw745 vs dw745s. Though there is not much significant difference still there are a few things that you should know before making the purchase.
So, before we dive into one to one comparison, firstly, let’s understand the history of DeWalt Company. Dewalt has been in the power tool industry for the last hundred years. Their products are known for their high durability and accuracy. You’ll find different categories of products in the company which includes corded-cordless, single bevel-dual bevel, and many other options.
Their Products also come with groundbreaking FLEXVOLT® technology that makes their product stand out of the crowd. Company Products also have a good warranty, and DeWalt provides excellent customer service as well.
Today, Table Saws, that we are going to discuss, both are Jobsite compact table saws come with 10inch blade: excellent durability and decent ripping capacity.
It’s recommended to read the whole article thoroughly so that you don’t miss any critical points. In the end, we’ll present the winner Saw (Our Recommendation) based on features and user reviews.
In case you have any doubts, you can also ask in the comments down below, and we’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
Power Input 1850 Watts 1850 Watts
Blade Speed 3800 rpm 3850 RPM
Blade Diameter 10″ 10″
Weight 54 Pounds 73 Pounds (with Stand)
Amp 15 Amps 15 Amps
Dimensions 22.7 x 29.2 x 16.7 inches 26.8 x 17.8 x 27.9 inches
Power Source corded-electric corded-electric
Max. Depth of Cut at 90º 3.03 inches 3.13 inches
Max. Depth of Cut at 45º 2.24 inches 2.25 inches
Max. Ripping Capacity [right] 24 inches 20 inches
Max. Ripping Capacity [left] 12.4 inches 12 inches
Reviews Read Here
Dewalt dw745 vs. dw745s Miter Saw Comparison
Inside the Box
Both the Models come with all the necessary tools and accessories with the package. You don’t have to buy anything separately. Though if you are not happy with the blade option, then you can go for a different option. Both the Models are partially assembled, and you don’t have to spend much time in setup. Below is the list of items that you get.
10 inch Blade (24 teeth)
Table Saw Stand (with Dw745s)
Build Quality Differences
Build Quality is one of the important aspects that you have to look into before buying a table saw. The better the build quality is, the longer life you’ll get. Dewalt dw745 comes in yellow and black color like all other Dewalt Models. It can make bevel cuts from 0 to 45 degrees. It comes with a steel roll cage that protects it from drops and impact. It comes with a rack and pinion system with an easy lock mechanism which allows you to make accurate and precise cuts at your disposal. There is a slight difference between watts.
UK Version (1300 Watts 110V)
US Version (1850 Watts 120V)
It is also portable though it doesn’t come with stand. It weighs around 54 pounds, and dimensions are 22.7 x 29.2 x 16.7 inches.
What i really like about DW745S Model that it comes with table stand, which provides you better stability during use. It can easily deal with large wood stocks, and you can make the cuts at your disposal though there is a difference in power and RPM that we’ll discuss in the below sections.
Cutting Capacity is the core of every table saw. Dewalt dw745 Model has a decent ripping capacity, which is 3-1/8inches at 0 degrees and 2-1/4 inches at 45 degrees. The fence support only extends up to 16 inches to the right side of the saw, which is a bit of a downside of this saw. If you are willing to make minor modifications, you might have to remove the screws and relocate them to the next slots. You need to do the manual measurements that could be a pain if you are a beginner.
With DeWalt Dw745S Model, you get slightly better ripping capacity, which is Max depth of cut is 3.13 inches at 90 degrees & 2.25 inches at 45 degrees. The ripping capacity is 20 and 12 inches right and left correspondingly.
You can’t compromise with the safety features when you are buying power tools. Both the models come with decent safety features, and you don’t have to worry much. Blade Guard is transparent, which gives you a clear line of sight. It also has an anti-kickback system that provides better security. You also get push stick with the model that is for your safety.
Apart from power tool safety features, you also have to keep in mind a couple of things from your end. If you are using the tool for the very first time, make sure that you go through the user manual. It’s necessary to know your power tool before you start using it.
Table Saw Pros
In this section, we’ll talk about the positive side of both the table saws. Read all the points carefully, so that you have a proper idea about the advantages of each model.
- This is one of the most popular table saws online and has received really good reviews from its users.
- It is a compact, lightweight table saw. You can store it in a small place and easily move it around as well.
- It comes preassembled out of the box and doesn’t require much assembly. User Manual is very informative and gives you clear instructions.
- The dust collection system of the table saw is great, and you have a tidy and clean woodworking experience with it.
- The fence system is smooth, which allows you to do the calibration at your disposal. You can lock it at different angles easily.
- This model is highly accurate and precise. The table saw performance is remarkable and completely worth its investment.
- This model comes with a table stand, which gives you better work experience. You get jitter and shake-free experience.
- It has better torque and RPM speed than the above model. In No load condition, you get 3,850 RPM.
Table Saw Cons
In this section, we’ll talk about the negatives of both the models. It will show you the flipside and why not buy it. So, let’s dive into these. In case you have any confusion, you can let us know in the comments below.
- The ripping capacity is ok. If you are an advanced user and work on really big projects, it might not be the right choice for you.
- The push stick that you get with the product is not of very high quality.
- It also doesn’t support a Dado blade, which could be a downside of this model.
- According to the users, it’s not suitable for hardwoods, and you might have a hard time cutting through it.
- This model also doesn’t accept a dado blade, which could be a bit of a negative side if you are an advanced user.
- If you are a tall person (above 6 feet). This stand might feel a little short for you.
We have discussed all the important points that you should be aware of. Both the table saws have pros and cons. With one, you get the stand, and with others, you don’t.
Both models are suitable for DIY enthusiasts and advanced users. There is a slight price difference, as well. So, the choice is completely up to you. But, Below is our recommendation based on features and user reviews. In case you have any confusion, don’t forget to let us know in the comments below. We’ll reply asap.