Today, in this article, we are going to talk about two very popular chop saws. They both are known for their great build quality and performance. If you are into woodworking or any other industry, chop saw plays a very important role in deciding the effectiveness of your work.
The article is divided into multiple sections. Go through the technical specifications, different features, and Pros & Cons. Read the post thoroughly so that you have a proper idea about the product that you are buying. It would be foolish to invest on these power tools without proper research as these tools cost hundreds of dollars.
Evolution Evosaw380 vs Dewalt Dw872
Evolution Evosaw380 Review
|Weight ||55 pounds|
|Product Dimensions ||21 x 13.5 x 26 inches|
|Size||15" Steel Chop Saw|
|Power Source||Corded electric|
|Voltage ||120 volts|
|Wattage ||1800 watts|
|Horsepower ||2.4 HP|
|Included Components||14" Mild Steel Cutting Blade, V-Block, Clamping Handle, Spare Carbon Brush Set, Hex Wrench, Safety Goggles, Ear Plugs and Manual|
|Warranty Description||3 year limited warranty|
Evolution Company is known for making some really good power tools and Evolution EVOSAW380 15 inches chop saw is one of them. It has state of the art cutting capability. What i really like about the tool that it cuts cold and no coolant is required for the same. Below are some of the important features that you have to take a look at.
Its cutting capability is the forte of this chop saw. The metal used in cutting is cold which allows you to do the cuts at your disposal whenever you want. It can cut very easily without any sparks, burrs or heat. You can use this tool for cutting various materials which includes square tube, pipe, iron, steel plate, metal roofing and more.It also has a high torque gearbox which helps in reducing the motor load and improves the cutting performance drastically. The base is made of heavy-duty cast aluminum which makes it suitable for industrial metal cutting. According to Company, blade life averages around 1000 cuts for 2*2 inches mild steel.
Maintenance & Warranty
It’s a low maintenance tool and doesn’t require very frequent checkups. If you know how to use the tool, it will last for years without any glitch. This chop saw is basically the upgraded version of Steelsaw2 which has been discontinued by the company. It also comes with 3 years of warranty which also gives you an idea about its durable build quality.
It comes with powerful 1800W & 15-ampere motor. It gives 2.4 RPM in load condition. Blade arbor size is 1 inch. Below are some of the cutting capacity data of the evolution chop saw for 14-inch mild steel.
rectangle tube cut (0° x 0°): 3-D/4″ X 7-1/8 inches
rectangle tube cut (0° x 45°): 3″ X 4-3/8 inches
square tube cut (0° x 0°): 4-3/4 inches
2Square tube cut (0° x 45°): 3-D/8 inches
2Round tube cut (0° x 0°): 5-1/8 inches
Round tube cut (0° x 45°): 4-1/8 inches
- You can make miter cuts upto 0 to 45-degree angle. It also has a quick-release vice system which helps you in effortless clamping for different kinds of materials.
- It also comes with a chip deflection shield that protects you from metal straying.
- It also comes with a chip collection tray that allows you to dispose of the metal chips safely and have a clean working environment.
- If you are a beginner, it’s very important to read the user manual before you start using this chop saw. Get Evolution Chop Saw Manual over here.
Evolution Evosaw380 Pros & Cons
- The tool has received really good reviews online which gives you an idea about its great build quality.
- Its advanced clamping mechanism is very useful and you can easily clamp the different materials at your comfort.
- You can use it to cut different kind of surfaces which includes bar, pipe, tube, angle iron and more.
- It has robust build quality and it has a powerful motor and you feel very less vibration while using it.
- If you are a professional user and work on high scale projects then it might not be the right fit for you.
- There are some minor issues with vise that you’ll see while using the saw.
Dewalt dw872 Review
|Dimensions||24 x 15.2 x 18.5 inches|
|Color||DeWaltÂ® yellow and black|
|Voltage ||120 volts|
|Warranty Description||1 Year Full Warranty|
|Amps||15 AC/DC amps
|No-load speed||1,300 rpm|
|Wheel diameter||14 inches|
Dewalt Products are known for their amazing performance. It comes with 15 amp 4hp motor which enables the high performance. You can use it for longer duration without worrying about motor heating or overloading. Below are some of the main features of Dewalt model that you should be aware of.
It comes with a quick-lock vise which allows you to do the fast clamping. The process is completely hassled free and you don’t need to use the wrench for calibration.
Sturdy Build Quality
The tool has wide solid base which provides really good stability and you don’t feel much vibration while using it. It provides you better control and ultimately gives you precise and accurate cuts. It comes with four predrilled holes which you can use to bolt down on any workbench. It also has a very durable metal top as well which allows you to carry it very easily.
- It also has decent storage which allows you to store the wrenches quite conveniently.
- The tool also has a spindle lock as well which allows you to make wheel changes fast.
- It comes with compression spring which provides better durability than torsion springs.
Dewalt Dw872 Pros & Cons
- This saw can cut a wide variety of materials which includes non-ferrous and ferrous metals.
- It comes with a carbide-tipped blade which gives a constant depth of cut.
- This saw is very suitable when you are cutting through long stock and you can use it for a long duration without worrying about motor overloading and overheating. Considering the features of the saw, it’s very affordable and the right investment for the money.
- While setting the clamp, you need to take your time, otherwise, the slightly imbalanced blade can cause vibration while cutting.
- Worked great, but the clamp and back fence are junk very chinsy. They need to read engineer this saw especially for the expensive price