Now that you have bought a lawnmower to cater to your needs, the real challenge is how do you start it? Well, don’t worry. We’ll guide you through the steps and you can now see the mulching done in no time.
- Bring your lawnmower to the place you want to mow. Take a close look at the area to be mowed – whether it is free of bumps, irregularities, tree roots, etc.
- Ensure the recommended levels of oil and fuel in the lawnmower (as per the user manual provided).
- Ensure that the spark plug is firmly attached.
- Look for the “prime button” (most of the lawn mowers have this button but if your lawnmower doesn’t then skip this step). Push the button just about 3-4 times to allow the gasoline to pass through the lines. However, a point to note here is that priming is to be done only after there has been a considerable gap in mowing. Also, do not keep priming several times as this might result in flushing the engine.
- Now, you will be able to see a lever on the handle of the lawnmower. These are just a few inches apart from each other. Press and hold them together (as if they are a single entity).
- The next step would be to pull the starting cord upward (quickly). This requires a good amount of force (sometimes, might require multiple attempts). You should be able to hear the noise of starting the engine. And done! Your lawnmower is all set to work.
Trending Mowers in 2021 (Don’t Miss)