Makita is involved in making powered equipment for industrial purposes. The saws made ensure that they provide performance along with accuracy. The equipment is usually smaller in size and can be stored conveniently. The Miter saws are majorly used to cut at angles. They are versatile in nature. These saws are better options for cutting because they are adjustable at different angles for better results in a less amount of time.
If you wish to cut a piece in both left and right directions, you can do that without having to remove it and turn in clockwise and place it again. The miter saw will do that for you because of their angular cutting capacity and stoppage points in both the directions. Then usually they use steel as their base material to promise durability and there is a warranty of course to back your investment. Some miter saws also come with an extension in the table size so as help you stabilise the piece you wish to cut. In addition to that there is a lock system which helps you switch the blades for a different kind of cut. Here are a few Makita Miter Saw models for you to look at:
Makita Miter Saw LS1040
The machine blade is of the size 10 inches. The miter saw is able to cut in both left and right directions. The angle varies from 0 to 45 degrees in left while 0 to 52 degrees in right. The machine can stop at as many as 9 stoppages including 0, 15, 22.5, 45, 90 in both the directions. The machine is capable of making bevel cuts maximum up to 45 degrees in the left direction. The machine is durable and uses a carbide-tipped blade.
The machine comes inclusive of a blade, wrench, a vertical vise and a triangular ruler. The machine is electrically powered and does not require any separate voltage. The equipment’s measurements are 20 x 10 x 11 inches. It is generally preferred by carpenters, hobbyists, for flooring, for making cabinets, etc. The company ensures its customers that if they are not satisfied with the working of the machine, within the first 30 days, then they would provide you either with a refund or replacement of the product.
- The machine works on a high power motor of 15 Amp.
- It provides a speed of 4600 rpms.
- The equipment is lightweight, 27.3 lbs, therefore it can be easily carried from one place to another.
- The machine ensures precise cutting because of its aluminium base.
- The machine can do more than just straight cuts.
- The machine is easy to use.
- The machine includes a fluorescent light which helps you see exactly where the blade is cutting.
- The machine is small in measurement and can be stored easily after use.
- The machine is available under 400 dollars, which might worry some budget conscious users.
- The warranty period lasts only for 1 year.
Makita Miter Saw LS1221
The machine has the blade present which is carbide tipped and helps to attain accuracy in cutting. It can be brought into use for cutting hard objects. The equipment can stop at 9 positions 15, 22,5, 31.6, 45, and 0 degrees in both right and left directions. You would have a comfortable experience while using the equipment because the handle designed is in D shape and allows you to place your hand in a comfortable position.
The equipment includes vertical vise, a wrench, dust bag, extension wings, micro saw blade (polished). The item dimensions are 67.3 x 61 x 60.6 inches. The blade installed has the length of 12 inches while the diameter is 305 mm. There comes a 1650 W uninterrupted drive motor with the achien so as to attain maximum work out of it. Also, the uer safety is ensured as it is double insulated. The equipment can be used for various operations like woodwork, installing cabinets, for flooring and is even used by contractors.
- The machine works on a powerful motor of 15 Amp.
- The machine is capable of making accurate cuts.
- The machine provides 4000 rpm for better efficiency.
- There comes a pre-installed electric brake to enhance the outcome.
- The machine is lightweight, around 37 lbs, to move it from one place to another.
- The miter blade is of a good quality.
- You can bevel cutting from 0 to 45 degrees.
- You would be able to cut metals like aluminium with this.
- The machine is not complex in terms of usage.
- You might have to buy a stand separately as it is not included with the machine.
Makita Miter Saw LS1013
The machine is capable of cutting in both the directions, 52 degrees in right and 47 degrees in left. It has stoppages at nine different positions including 15, 22- ½, 31.6, 45, 0 degrees in left and right directions. The machine comes inclusive of a vertical vise, blade, wrench, a triangle shaped ruler, and two extension wings. The item measurements are 31 x 22.5 x 18.3 inches. The machine has a dual sliding option. And it comes with a carbide tipped blade of 64 teeth and the size 10 inches. Further, the machine is electrically powered.
In case some part of the machine wears out, you can always order it from the official website or Amazon. In addition to that the machine comes with a warranty proof of 1 year. You should always keep the manual handy for better understanding of the tool. While you start using the machine you would understand the ease with which you can move the table and there is minimal deflection so you can focus on the object being cut. Also, the machine is staged at an angle to give you a better cutting capacity and avoid cutting multiple times.
- The machine is very lightweight, it weighs just 12.5 pounds.
- The machine is durable as it has dual steel railings.
- The machine is preferred by various customers for its good engineering and built.
- The least count of the machine is to give you a 0.001 inch cut with accuracy.
- The warranty period of the machine lasts only for a year.
- The cost of the equipment is a little more.
- The machine uses a motor of 13 Amp while some other saws offer motor power of 15 Amp.
Makita Miter Saw LS0714
The machine comes with a blade diameter of 190 mm. You would be able to make bevel cuts 0 to 45 degrees in the left direction and 0 to 5 degrees in the right direction. The machine is available under 400 dollars. The machine would be able to cut in the angular range of 0 to 47 degrees on the left while 0 to 57 degrees on the right. It works on a motor of 1010 watt, which is decently powerful.
The machine is able to cut lumber with a capacity of 2 x 12 inches at 90 degrees and 2 x 8 inches at 45 degrees. While you are working on a piece there are holders present on each side for you to hold the piece in a stable position. Further, the machine has a warranty period of 3 years and also a money back guarantee period of 1 month for you to try all permutations and combinations with the machine. As a user, you do not have to worry about your safety as the machine is dual insulated.
- The machine provides a good load speed of 6000 rpm which is more than what the major models provide.
- There is a pre-installed dirt collecting mechanism, to keep your working space clean.
- The machine is preferable as it is easy to use.
- It comes with a long warranty period compared to other models.
- The machine is made in a compact design for easy storage.
- The machine is a little expensive so it might meddle with your budget.
- The motor power is slightly less in comparison to other models.
- You would be able to attain a cut that is maximum 2 inches in depth.
Makita Miter Saw LS0815F
This Miter Saw is capable of working on a decent speed of 5000 rpm. Also, it works at an above average motor power of 10.5 Amp. It has an angular cutting capacity at 0 to 50 degrees in the left while 0 to 60 degrees in the right direction. The machine can stop at various positions including 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45, 50 degrees in both left and right direction. Further, it also has an extra stoppage at 60 degrees in right.
The machine is also capable of cutting 12 inches at 90 degrees and 8- ½ inches at 45 degrees. It majorly finds its use in carpentry, flooring and applications like cupboards, etc in a regular room. It has an uninterrupted drive motor to work with greater efficiency. It also offers you to make bevel cuts in a range of 0 to 48 degrees in the left and 0 to 5 degrees in the right. The machine can be bought under 400 dollars and also comes with a warranty period to back your investment.
- The machine is lightweight, 31.1 lbs, therefore it is easily portable.
- The machine is small in size and can be stored without using much room.
- The machine does not require high maintenance.
- There is an electric brake present to avoid any kind of overload and maintain consistency.
- The machine can be used for cross-cutting with a 12 inches capacity.
- It comes with a 30 day period as a money-back guarantee time.
- Cost might again be a reason why some would not buy the machine.
- The Motor power is good but less as compared to other models.
- The warranty period is limited to 1 year.
The above models might have given you an idea of what these miter saws do and how they work to provide you with the desired outcome. There are models with different sets of specifications for you to decide the best permutation and combination that your piece of work would require. For instance, the model LS0714 has a warranty period which lasts 3 years whereas others mostly have that of 1 year. Then the model has a load speed of 6000 rpm which is again quite high. If we look at the model, LS1013 it is lighter than most of the models with a weight of just 12.5 pounds.
LS0815F model has an extra angular cutting capacity with 60 degrees on the right, which most of the models do not offer. So on and so forth, the models come with a variety of advantages, it depends which one suits your needs. However, they are easy to store because of their small size and are portable to be carried to the job site. Not just that, their blade diameters also vary. Some have a diameter around 190 mm while some have it as 205 mm. You need to pick carefully so as to check which machine suits you better.