Winter is back and now again Water Heaters are back in trend. Recently I got a gas water heater installed in my place and I am more than happy with it. Today we are going to discuss the Rinnai Tankless Water heater. There are various models available online for this brand. Below are some of the models that you can choose from this brand.
- Rinnai V65IN (Natural Gas)
- Rinnai V65IP (Propane)
- Rinnai V75IN (Natural Gas)
- Rinnai V75IP (Propane)
- Rinnai V94IP (Propane)
- Rinnai V94XiN (Natural Gas)
- Rinnai V94IN (Natural Gas)
Four of them run on natural gas while three need propane for heating. Today in this article, we will talk about the Rinnai brand in general and why they are one of the most loved brands online.
All of these models come with mobile app control. You can schedule the timer for hot water. You can also put the system in vacation mode when you are out of town through the mobile app only. They all have 10 years of warranty on heat exchanger & 5 years of warranty on parts.
All the models are of the same size and dimensions. Weight is around 45.6 pounds and its dimensions are 14.04 x 9.27 x 26.9 inches. Installation of these models is not that simple. You might need to go through the user manual carefully. Though they are the gas heaters still needs an AC connection. All the models are recommended for indoor installation only.
Let’s dive into some of the features of these models. Read the article carefully so that you have a proper idea about the product that you are buying. These heaters cost hundreds of dollars and are used for a very long time. So, it would be naive to invest the money without doing the proper research.
- Water Output: The water output of these models varies from 6.5 GPM to 9.4GPM which I feel is really great. Buy the one which suits your requirement. As per the company, it fully fills the need of the entire home. You’ll never run out of water whether you want to do laundry, dishes, or take a hot shower all day long. Just kidding 🙂
- ThermaCirc360 technology: It uses ThermaCirc360 technology which means less water is wasted. It recirculates the hot water through the pipes. As per the company with normal water heater, you waste around 8700 bottles of water per year. But with Rinnai Models, you do not. Though I didn’t understand how if you did please let me know in the comments below.
- Solid Build Quality: Build Quality of these water heaters is great. They look great and also very compact in size. You can also do the installation at non-traditional places such as crawl space, attic, or even at a closet. There are two separate versions for indoor and outdoor installation. Make sure that you buy the right one as per your requirement.
- Economical: Gas heaters are generally more economical than any other type of heaters. As per the company, it uses 40% less energy than the normal tanks because here heating is only done when you need it.
- Brand Value: It is around a 100-year-old company. They are the number one tankless water heater brand in North America which itself gives you an idea about their product quality. The company always tries to keep up with advanced technology. They have features like wifi monitoring, high efficiency that you will not find with any other brand. The company is also known for its good customer service as well.
- Maintenance & Warranty: Installation is not that simple but maintenance is easy. If you use these products properly, they will last for years without any glitches. It has 5 years of warranty on parts and 10 years of warranty on the heat exchanger. Also, replacement parts of these parts are easily available. So, you don’t have to worry if anything gets broken.
Frequently Asked Questions (Must Read)
How long do Rinnai tankless water heaters last?
As per the company, it lasts for 15-20 years if you use it properly. Make sure you get the service done once a year.
What is the downside of a tankless water heater?
There are two disadvantages I see. The first one is a bit costlier than normal water heaters. The second one is that it doesn’t store the hot water which might be an issue for some people depending on their needs.
How much does a Rinnai tankless water heater cost?
The price might range between five hundred dollars to two thousand dollars. To see the exact price, you can check online.
How often does a tankless water heater need to be serviced?
Once a year is recommended. But twice a year would be better. Just to be on the safer side.
Can you run out of hot water with a tankless water heater?
It doesn’t store the hot water. So, if you need the water for laundry, kitchen, and shower at the same time. You might run out.
Do You have any better alternative than this one?
You can check this affordable EcoSmart Model as well.