If you are into woodworking, you know the importance of the table saws. No matter what project, you are working; whether you are building a small house, or doing some DIY stuff, it is a power tool that you always need. Table Saw helps you in doing the woodwork effectively and quickly, and at the same time, you don’t have to compromise with the quality of work.
Woodwork is an art, where every tiny detail has its own importance, and without the proper tool, it becomes really quite difficult. Though, if we compare its price with other tools, it’s not that cheap, but it is certainly worth its investment.
Table saws come in various different sizes and shapes so you have to buy the one that suits your requirement and you are comfortable working with it. If you have to travel a lot then go with the portable one, if you don’t have much space in your workshop then go with the compact one.
Table saw gives you more freedom to experiment. You can straighten out the crooked and curved board, do the molding and other various woodworking tasks at your disposal. While dealing with the crooked wood, keep in mind you use it properly because a simple mistake can put in your trouble.
If we talk about the mechanics of the table saw, then it has a circular blade which is mounted on the arbor which is driven by an electric motor. The connection between saw and motor is done by gears or belts. In the machine, the blade extends above the surface where you move the wood supported by a table.
In old conventional saws, the height and angle of cut can’t be adjusted. But, with these new saws, you can change the speed, angle, and height. It helps you to customize the settings at your disposal so that you have the perfect cut.
There are dozens of companies in the woodworking tool market. So sometimes, it becomes quite difficult to choose the right one. So, don’t worry, read the below section carefully and you’ll get to know all the important aspects that you need to check before buying a table saw.
Things to keep in mind before buying a Table Saw
Table saw is one of the most important power tools in your woodworking arsenal. So, buying the right one is very important. So, let’s dive into all the important aspects one by one.
There are hundreds of woodworking tool out there in the market. And you don’t have to buy all of them, only go for the ones you need. If you have a small woodworking garage where you work on your small hobby projects, then probably you might not need a table saw. Because it’s a high-end tool and costs a good amount of money.
In case you have a full-fledged workshop where you work upon big projects then you must go for a table saw. The size and shape of the saw should also match your requirement.
Most of these table saws are driven by electric motors. And when you are dealing with the hardwood, you don’t want to compromise with its power. The more the power is, you will have things done quickly and more effectively. The machine should be capable of dealing with heavy loads. You can check the Amps, Horsepowers, and RPMs to know the motor capability.
Fences help you to have a clean and accurate cut. There are mainly two varieties of fences that you can go for. Either you can go for extendable fences or with micro-adjustable ones. Micro-adjustable fences are good for precise adjustment, and every millimeter movement is under your control. If you are into fine DIY projects, then probably this should be the choice for you.
Extendable rip fences are typically used when you are dealing with large pieces of wood.
Portability of the machine is also one of the features that should be taken into consideration. So that if you have to change your location for woodwork, you can do it without a glitch. If you want to move it inside your workplace only then, you can go for rolling stands or mobile base.
These are power tools, and that’s why safety should be one of your topmost priority while dealing with them. Make sure that they have all the standard safety features. It should have blade guard, kickback pawls, riving knife, and a push stick as well. In some advanced machines, you’ll have some extra add-ons as well. You might have to spend some extra bucks. So, don’t compromise with the safety features. For more clarity, you can look for their online reviews, and they decide whether you want to go for it or not.
Dust Collection Technology
When you are using the table saw. A lot of dust and table scrap is going to come out, and it messes up the whole place. That’s why a table saw with inbuilt dust collection technology is very much recommended. These table saws come with vacuum attachment of dust bag ports. Though you can’t get rid off 100% wood dust, but still, it will decrease the dust pollution significantly.
5 Most Imp Woodworking table saw Accessories
A lot of people were asking about the important accessories that one should go with the table saw. Below are the top 5 accessories which you should consider buying.
Safety Power Switch
It is a very important accessory that you should go for. Sometimes, when you are dealing with , and it starts sticking between the fence and blade, at that you can quickly turn off the machine. It can also be a lifesaver in emergency situations. So, go for it, it will cost you less than $10.
It makes the use of the table saw smooth and risk-free. They are like the extra set of fingers. It uses the super magnet, which makes the cam removal and repositions easy and smooth. It has a kind of mixed opinions in the woodworking industry. Some users are not really comfortable with its use.
Mobile Base is also very important. If you have a small workshop, then you probably have to move to saw from one place to another. In that case, a mobile base helps you to move it around. It doesn’t cost much but really helpful in your woodwork shop. Make sure that when you are buying the mobile base system, it has a proper locking mechanism so that during the use of the table saw, it doesn’t move to and fro.
Sawblade is the soul of a table saw. You should always go with a good quality saw blade. ATB blades are known for their high-quality material. It should be durable, and its grooves should remain intact for a longer time. With good quality, super hard carbide blade, you can cut hundreds of wood boards without a glitch. Later on, you can buy the new one or also resharpen it with Forrest.
Wixey Digital Angle Gauge
It is not a must-have accessory, but when you are cutting the wood at a particular angle. The digital gauge can really help you to have a precise cut. It is also available at a very affordable cost and helps you in your woodworking adventure.
Top 10 Table Saws
In this section, we’ll talk about the top 10 table saws that you can buy in 2019. This top 10 list is based on their features, safety, and affordability. So, let’s talk about them one by one.
1- DEWALT DW745 Table Saw
It is one of the best tables saw that you could go for in 2019. It has all the necessary features that you need. It has the sturdy build quality, and Dewalt Company is known for making some really high-end products. Its elegant design gives it a good aesthetic look. The table saw is ergonomically built so that you can smoothly use it. The table saw is easy to handle and easy to use. It comes with a 15amp strong motor which gives you enough power so that the board doesn’t get stuck in between. Below are some of the important features of the table saw that you should be aware of.
- It is a portable table saw. It weighs around 45pounds, and you can easily carry it from one place to another.
- It has onboard storage as well which allows you the put the necessary components as well.
- In case you are using the table saw for the first time, don’t worry. It comes with a very informative user manual which you must go through before you start cutting the wood.
- It is not a very affordable table saw. If you are looking for an entry level table saw with basic features, then it might not be the right choice for you.
2- Bosch 4100-09 Tablesaw
Bosch is a name synonym to perfection. 4100-09 Model is one of the best by the Bosch company. It is a very stable machine and handles the wood pretty good. With a good saw blade, it does the work quickly and smoothly. The machine has both pros and cons. It is the high-end heavy machine and not suitable for moving one place to another. If you have a big workshop and you work on big projects, then only this table saw is suitable for you.
- Considering the features, the Bosch 4100-09, it comes at a really affordable price.
- If you have a small workshop or you need to move from one place to another, then this might not be the right choice for you.
- Though, it has a strong high power motor. But, still, some users reported an issue with it.
3- Hitachi C10RJ Table-Saw
In our top 10 list, the third table saw is Hitachi C10RJ. This Japanese manufacturer makes high-end, affordable products, and C10RJ is one of them. Though they have been making the saws since last one decade, but they are a bit conventional in that. You will not find really advanced features that you might get with other brands like bosch. Users also complained about its confusing user manual. If you are a beginner, you might face a problem figuring it out. Below are some of the main aspects of the Hitachi C10RJ.
- It has ergonomic build quality, which makes the machine easy to use though user manual that you get with it is a bit confusing.
- It has all the safety features so that you don’t face any issue while using.
- In this price range, this is one of the best tables saw that you should consider worth having a look at.
4- SawStop PCS175 Table Saw
You might not have heard the SawStop name, but they make really good table saws. This is one of the quietest tables saw that you would find in the market. It comes with a patented safety system which eliminates any possibility of an incident. According to the company, their advanced safety system automatically detects if someone touches the spinning saw and stops it in milliseconds. As we know, these are unforgiving tools; this safety feature can really be a timesaver.
- It comes with inbuilt dust collection which collects more than 99% of the dust above and under the table.
- It runs on 110V, which makes it suitable for the home shop usage.
- It has left tilting blade which doesn’t let wood bind against the fence.
5- Craftsman 21807 Table-Sawing Equipment
This is also a decent table saw comes with necessary features. Though, when it comes to building quality, it’s not that good. It weighs around 64lbs. You get one year warranty with the product, and at the same time, it is pretty portable as well. The motor that you get with the product is of 15Amp, 5000RPM and runs on 120V. Its dimensions are 34.5inches*58inches*35inches. It also has the wheels that allow you to move it from one place to another very easily.
- When it comes to safety, it has all the necessary features. It has a plastic blade guard, anti-kickback pawls, and riving knife as well.
- To make an accurate line on your workpiece, it comes with a Lazor that you can mount and have better accuracy.
- It has T Style Fence which runs smoothly on the locks and rails. If you want to buy some different fence, then you can buy it separately.
6- SKIL 3410-02 Table Saw
It is one of the most affordable tables saw that you could go for. If you are beginner, then it should be the one that you should go for.The build quality is also good. The decent quality fence ensures smooth cutting. If you are a beginner and want something entry level, then this benchtop could be the right option for you. Below are some of the important features of the SKIL 3410-02 Table Saw that you should be aware of.
- The table saw dimensions are 28.9 x 13 x 20.9 inches, which makes it one of the compacts saw in the market.
- It has 120V 15Amp motor made of cast aluminium with 5000RPM.
- When you are cutting at the right angle, it can cut up to 3.5inches while with the 45degree angle it is capable of cutting up to 2.5inches.
7- JET 708675PK Table Saw
It’s a 3Hp machine runs on 230V. It comes with T square design Commercial Xacta fence. It also has advanced push-button arbor lock system with which you can change the blade quickly. It uses the shrouded bladed, which makes the dust collection more efficient. What i really love about this machine that you get one of the largest table surfaces in this price range. Below are some of the price range that you should be aware of.
- The table saw is very quiet as it has Poly-V drive belt system.
- It has quick release riving knife system, which makes it more secure to use.
8- Grizzly G0690 Table Saw
This is a heavy duty table saw with some advanced features. It has miter gauge T slots which help you in making the accurate cut. You also get very good powder coated cabinet. It has heavy-duty cast handwheels and magnetic switch.
Below is some G0690 important aspect.
- It comes with a 4-foot dust collection port that allows you to do longer woodwork without worrying too much about throwing the dust.
- It also has standard & dado table inserts.
9- Powermatic PM1000 Table Saw
This is a cabinet table saw runs on 115V. It also comes with a power switch that is in your reach. It has table surround dust collection system which effectively collects the wood dust. You get sturdy miter gauge that you can pivot up to 60 degrees. Below are some of its main features.
- The table saw is designed ergonomically. It has 7inches handwheels that make bevel and blade height adjustment easy.
- It has an arbor lock system with which you can change the blade with one hand.
- It has low profile riving knives.
10- Makita 2705 Table Saw
It is a powerful, versatile table saw. It has a large capacity and very easy to use at the same time. It comes with a 15ampere motor which gives really good power to the blade, and the wood never gets stuck in between. It has adjustable dual side guards, which makes the measurement very easy. Let’s dive into some important aspect one by one.
- You can adjust the riving knife in three different positions that include dado cuts, through and non through the cut.
- It can deliver up to 4800rpm, which is really good to make a deep cut even in hardwood.